At WATERWHALE we pay special attention to personal data because we care about your privacy and we want to ensure maximum protection of it.
Our Data Protection Policy complies with the standards of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR) and with current Spanish legislation, in particular, Organic Law 3/2018 of 5 December on the Protection of Personal Data and Guarantee of Digital Rights (LOPD).
Therefore, we would like to provide you with the following information regarding our data protection policy:
Who is the data controller?
What is the purpose of the processing of your data?
Personal data is collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, in accordance with the provisions of the RGPD and under no circumstances will it be used for purposes other than those for which it was collected.
The purpose in this case for the processing of your data will be to maintain the professional and commercial relations that bind us, as well as the management of your requests.
Waterwhale processes data of:
- Other contact persons
What is the lawful basis for processing the data?
We process your data in a legitimate manner, based on one of the following reasons:
- The existence of a contractual relationship
- Obtaining your consent for the specific processing of your data
- To comply with a legal obligation
- On the basis of a legitimate interest
Who will be the recipients of your data?
In the event that we need to pass your details to third parties in order to fulfil the purposes of a contract or to provide you with a better service, we will provide you with information at the time of data collection about who can access your data.
How long do we store your data for?
We keep personal data for the time strictly necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. These periods vary, depending on the type of data processed. Therefore, at the time of data collection, we provide information on the storage period or the criteria governing this period, if it is not possible to determine it.
Once the retention period has expired, we will securely delete the data.
What are your rights as a data subject?
Your rights are as follows:
- Right of access: you have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed and, if so, you have the right to access your data and the information relating to its processing.
- Right of rectification: you have the right to rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure or right to be forgotten: on certain occasions you may request that we delete your personal data.
- Right to restriction of processing: in certain circumstances, you may request that we restrict the processing of your data. In these cases, we will only store your data for archiving purposes or to defend any claims.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transfer it to another data controller.
- Right to object: in certain circumstances and situations, you may object to the processing of your data. In this case, we will stop the processing except for legitimate reasons or for the purpose of pursuing or defending a claim.
- Right to object to automated processing: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. We will then automatically cease processing your data.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if you consider that the processing of personal data infringes the GDPR or that we have not responded correctly to any of your requests.
How can I exercise my rights as a data subject?
You may exercise all the rights described in the previous section, as well as any others specified by the applicable legislation at any given time, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a copy of your ID card to your request.